10.22.2004

Hello Tomorrow, Goodbye to Yesterday

  Ahh, it feels good to actually get this thing off the ground. My last post was 2 months ago, and since then I've been struggling to get the right layout and feel that I wanted for the site. It's still not perfect, but it'll have to do for now.
  Anyway, enough of the critique on layout and on to the music. We'll go in a total opposite direction from REM to something that should at least start your foot atapping. My musical evolution was an interesting one. REM led me into more alternative acts, and eventually to punk right around when the punk blood starts flowing is supposed to start flowing in a suburban's kids veins. I think it was 8th or 9th grade. The ska revolution was almost over, but its ripples had enough of an effect to cause me to purchase 'Losing Streak' by Less Than Jake. I still believe its one of the best ska-punk records that came out from that era and the rest of their collection isn't so bad either.
  We complete this path down memory lane with a track off of 'Losing Streak', entitled : Sugar in Your Gas Tank.

No comments: