7.23.2009

Black Francis

So I have a long post written in my journal, but I'm going to throw in a quick filler before I transcribe the long one.

Tonight is Black Francis at the Grog Shop in Cleveland Hts. Black Francis/Frank Black of Pixies fame. I've never seen the Pixies, but I was lucky enough to see Black Francis while I was in Belgium. He played in a botanical gardens that for some reason had a stage and club as part of the main structure. I'm not complaining because it was probably one of the more amazing venues to see a show. Those crazy Europeans. Anyway, I wasn't very familiar with Black Francis' solo stuff, so I was pleasantly surprised to really enjoy the show even having not listened to many of his albums. A large amount of the setlist consisted of songs off his new album, Bluefinger, but he threw in a few old ones as well. And from what I've heard, Cleveland is supposed to get a mix of new and old with the possibility of a few Pixies songs. So check it out! Or check out Bluefinger.

(and I think you already have this album Yue Hou, I'll post something new soon)



Try | Buy

No comments: