12.02.2004

Keep X in Xmas

Ahh, Christmas Time is coming, and just is quickly finals week is coming. I'm about ready to be done with school for a little while. Thanksgiving was a nice break from the rigors of the whole academia thing, but I'm yearning for the full month of Winter Break.

I like college, the people are great and my classes aren't so bad. I'm just ready to sit by the fire, drink a little hot chocolate, and listen to Christmas music, ya know? I really like this season, and I'm starting to get the Christmas bug again. It's not so much that I like the masses of corporate sludge that's come to be associated with Christmas, but rather that feeling that you get when you walk outside on a cold december night. The breath comes frosty from your mouth, and the moon shines frigid in the sky. But, the light and the mirth coming from the inside makes the coldness that much better. God, I sound sappy. Maybe I just like getting presents (I still wake up at 6 in the morning to run down and stare at the presents... maybe it's not so much the presents but the tree and the morning and everything else... or maybe I'm just a little kid.)

Anyway, here's Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan dueting on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. It's a great song to get you in the mood, and the bass will make you start tapping the foot with that Christmas spirit.

Here's the Song : God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

1 comment:

zerodegreesk said...

Check out my Christmas music:
Harry Christmas E.P.

...found this through Cool People From Akron